Tuesday, April 24, 2012

KIGATSUKU: Two Tiny Bones

I am so grateful!

Yesterday i went to a chiropractor b/c I hurt my back something fierce on Saturday evening and have been lying on my downstairs couch. When the chiropractor started to explain what I was looking at on my x-rays he share 3 things but I'll just share one.

He told me I have benign Spina Bifida. This was a bit  shocking—since I didn't know it even existed. Spina Bifida is genetic and I have an aunt, Kelly, who died from Spina Bifada. I could see where my bones didn't fuse like they should. The doctor told me that because my 2 bones, on either side of my spine, did grow a little (even though they didn't fuse together) I am able to walk and am not paralyzed.

WOW!

I have never been more grateful for my legs and back and that they work. I have lived a lifetime of jumping, running, gymnastics, cliff jumping, dancing, walking, standing, etc. I can't even imagine a life of being in a wheelchair. I honor those who face that challenge. I am so grateful for my legs that work!

It is hard to wrap my head around the difference between a life in a wheelchair and the life I've been so blessed to live is 2 tiny bones. I am SO grateful for those 2 tiny bones!

0 comments:

Post a Comment