Saturday, March 10, 2012

Heading South/Four Directions | fly awake

Dream:

1. I learn to weld. It’s a bit electrifying energetically when the metals come together with the heat. There are four points/dots that I fuse together on smallish metal sheets. I see a close up of orange-ish/red hot metal. I look back over my shoulder and grin (at my guide).

2. A voice is guiding me, giving me advice and instruction. I hear, “You will eventually learn to see the four directions as your guides.”

Wake:

I have been asking for dreams to help me feel connected with the South/fire and inspiration. The color in first dream is the one I associate with the South: orangey/pinkish red. And…heat, creativity, new inspired knowledge/skill. All things I associate with the South. The other association I have with welding with is my grandfather. I never met him, but he was apparently a very fiery fellow, he came to America and taught himself to weld from a book, and that is how he earned his living. He was a very self-motivated man. He read the dictionary in his spare time to improve his English, and playing several brass instruments in a big band. He had some failings associated with being too fiery as well. The challenge for me is to bring forward the strength of my fiery ancestry without the failings.

I woke from these dreams feeling refreshed and inspired. I have lately been reinvigorating my call to the elements, trying to gather their energy into my being. These dreams helped me feel more connected and stronger in that practice.  I will keep working with the elements–focusing on the South, the direction I feel least in tuned into.

installation artist, dreamer, lover of: herbs, rocks, crystals, animals, birds, and love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment