Sunday, March 11, 2012

La Pâtisserie des Idées: Mani Sunday: Change is in the {Nail}

I know I'm very late for the day's post, but on my defense it's still Sunday (at least for another 5min, hihihi). I've seen a bunch of DIY ombré nails tutorials, but most of them required at least 3 different polishes, a lot of time, and some specific accessories. This is why, as soon as I saw the Ombre Nails tutorial by Refinery29 (where only 2 nail polish are needed), I knew I had to try it and see for myself that it actually works. Plus ombré nails are a perfect fit for the moment, since we are in that beautiful moment where seasons are about to change: Spring is almost here (hopefully) - flowers will soon start to bloom, animals will start their search for love (or better, mates), and we'll start changing wardrobes ^_^. 

Materials

  • Trind nail brightener base coat
  • Masglo enamels (linda)
  • NYC quick dry nail polish (240B midtown)
  • p2 3-in-1 dry top coat

Instructions

  1. Apply a base coat to protect your nails from staining. 
  2. Apply a thick layer of your first nail polish (decide how you want your colors to be graduated: from dark to light or vice versa) on your first nail (do a nail at a time to avoid the first color to dry while applying it on all your other nails). Refinery29 says to apply it in a rough U-shape; I just applied how it fell on the nail. What's nice about the ombré nails, is that no matter how you apply it each nail will always be unique. 
  3. Apply the second color on the remaining clean nail (keep it thick), and you'll see how the two colors start to fuse together once they start touching each other (it's like magic! hehehe). Refinery29's says to swirl where the polishes meet; I really didn't understand how I was supposed to swirl them (I tried with a toothpick, but I kind of just mess it out), so I just left it do the magic by it self. 
ombre nails by Refinery29

4. Let all nails dry for about 5min before applying the top coat. Since the polishes          were applied in think layers, it's better to allow your nails to dry for at least an hour before you decide to do something else with them. 

Enjoy!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment