Thursday, January 5, 2012

The magnet therapy machine, just one more friend at home- David ...

Since my injury on December 15th in the semi-final of the World Club Cup the only thing that I have had in my mind is to recuperate as soon as possible from this untimely tibia fracture. For this, and after a successful operation to which I must give thanks to the medical team headed by Dr. Cugat, the FC Barcelona medical services team headed by Dr. Pruna, and the medical services team from the Spanish National team headed by Dr. Cota, I have begun to work tirelessly towards a recovery which I feel is headed in the right direction. And involved in the rehabilitation process is a device that is playing an important role and has become just another friend at home. This is the magnet therapy machine.

The first objective set for recovery is to get the tibia to fuse together as soon as possible. And the magnet therapy machine helps with exactly that. It stimulates a greater absorption of calcium, a factor that is very important so that the bones are strengthened. In this case, greater calcium absorption helps the bone to fuse together in less time. Using this machine has become just another activity in my daily routine. I use it an hour in the morning and another hour in the afternoon. In addition, since Monday, January 2nd, I took a smaller device home to wear every night while I sleep.  I am under the care of the best professionals and on my part I will do everything that they recommend so that this recovery process proceeds forward in the best way possible and within the set timeframe. My goal is to help FC Barcelona in the final stretch of the season and be available for Vicente del Bosque in case he sees fit to include me in the official call to compete in the UEFA European Championship in Ukraine and Poland. For now, I hope the magnet therapy machine gives me a hand although the rehabilitation work that I’m doing is much more extensive. But I’ll tell you about that in another post…

Related News

0 comments:

Post a Comment