Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Artystuff: Zentangle piece

Silk for the reemay. Wish I had intensified the blue.

The reemay just sitting on top of the silk. Love the colours so far.
Well, I have painted a piece of silk for the background and fused the reemay to it . So far, so good. Now, I am sitting, staring at this trying to decide where I want to go from here??? Do I want to cut the centre out and fuse it to a backing or do I want to keep this whole thing intact and border it with something? I have it sitting on a piece of batting and am tempted to quilt it soon . Maybe that would help me decide. What to do? What to do??
The two parts fused together. This is pretty light weight Habotai silk( 12mm). Maybe Dupioni or a heavier Habotai would have been more stable. I just got a piece of 16mm today . It has nice heft so prehaps it would not have wrinkled like this has . Not a major problem, but it bugs me a little. However, once it is stitched and quilted I am sure it will be fine.I used Trans Web on the back of the reemay. Not sure I love that product!
             I have posted this on The Needle and Thread Network.Click on the link on the sidebar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment